Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Galatians 4

So now that you know God (or should I say, now that God knows you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world? 

 The world is a lure to me.  True, it offers a bondage to demanding yet not gratifying ideals; but I am tempted to partake just the same.  It held no enduring safety nor satisfaction; but somehow, I am enticed to wonder...to taste...to drown in the buffet of stuff and self of the world.  It is a "want" and not a need that directs me to this alliance.

Father, give me eyes to see the needs I have and the very great and generous fashion You meet them.  Please remove from my tastes the passion for the culture, traditions and standards that cause my eyes and heart to begin to wander from You.  Stoke the fires of my heart to strive for Your Spirit's pleasure.  Let my aspirations be from You, for You and honoring to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment