Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Acts 20:7-38

behold, bound by the Spirit ... not knowing what will happen to me there,
except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me... saying that bonds and afflictions await me. 

Bound to the Spirit, who says Paul will be bound up and tortured if Paul follows the leading of the Holy Spirit, Paul continues on the Spirit's path.  Paul is determined to finish the course laid out for him to earnestly testify to the grace of the gospel of God.   

Paul makes no light thing of his servitude to God; Paul does not know what is ahead, only that persecution, bondage and affliction are major components of his life.  He also knows that he will never see his precious faith family from Ephesus again.  And on he goes.  

Paul was given the cost and counted it certainly worth paying...even unto suffering, anguish and torment...as long as he could finish the ministry the Father had assigned him...to finish well and to have loved well.  

In considering my Kingdom contribution (my life's work), is my focus on a well-finished course or on the bumps on the road?  Where am I exiting at the warning sign of difficulties rather than remaining alert to glorying in Christ, persisting in my faith, being courageous and loving extravagantly?  How am I connecting(being vulnerable, being safe for others) enough in my life-assignment that I would shed tears over the people I love and they for me?  How will I yield to the direction/correction of the Holy Spirit that I might make the changes necessary to be known as one who finishes well?




No comments:

Post a Comment