Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1 Corinthians 15

We are reminded of the historical facts of Christ's death and resurrection, the witnesses to the events and His post-resurrection visits.  Paul continues with the reminder that since Jesus Christ was resurrected, so, too, will the believers in Christ Jesus be resurrected from the dead.  We are charged with examining ourselves to see what we are believing.  We are tantalized with the mystery of the resurrection and what it will truly be like ~ as we now know only in earthy part.

Paul's conclusion  to his dear faith folk is to be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Admittedly, the topics he covered are a bit difficult to understand; the order, the look, the mystery of the resurrection.  But the twin admonitions to be clear on what we believe and to be encouraged in our enthusiastic service to our precious Lord as we are confident that it counts are quite plain. 

How am I examining myself to ensure that I am relying only on the complete work of Jesus' sinless gift of life, His death as payment for my sins and His resurrection from the dead...and none of me?  In view of this, His total payment for my life at the cost of His life, how motivated am I in service to Him?  Does what I do for my Messiah reflect my gratitude or my obligation?  Where do I demonstrate ardent, devoted, red-hot enthusiasm in my work and favor to the Lord?  How do I display my time with and for God as an audience with the King of the Universe and not a daily grind?

No comments:

Post a Comment