Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 Corinthians 6

God is offering a marvelous gift of kindness and grace...not a reward nor a payment.

I don't deserve it, I can't earn it, I can't win it.

It is marvelous, amazing, incredible.  I cannot manufacture what this gift is.

I need this gift - desperately.

However, I can ignore this gift...I can receive it to no purpose...I can waste this gift.

This gift can wind up like basil leaves in my fridge left too long...this gift can be received and ignored to the extent that only my garbage can is enriched.
I could end up without any benefit of having received the gift.

Am I ignoring God's marvelous gift?

Would I choose to trash a gift of grace from the Only God?

Lord, let me not despise a present from You.  
Keep me from ignoring anything You have for me.
  Let me receive and realize all that You have for me.  
Let me glorify You in, through and by Your gifts to me. 
Help me to encourage others to not ignore Your gift to them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment