Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1 Corinthians 4

20For the kingdom of God consists of and is based on not talk but power (moral power and excellence of soul).
20 God's Way is not a matter of mere talk; it's an empowered life.

God, I desire that excellence of soul which is displayed in my life as I yield to You and am empowered by You.  Let me not be one who talks and talks and never walks in power.  I desire to be a fully-functioning Kingdom resident as I engage in the earthly life You have entrusted to me.  I wonder how differently would Jesus live my life ~ how would Jesus be a wife, a mother, a friend, a daughter, a sister...and I struggle with how far I am from Your Ideal.   Without Your power I cannot  productively strive towards the essence of virtue and excellence; with pride, arrogance and self relentlessly rearing their heads in my life and priorities (like moles in the Whack-A-Mole game) I am unable and probably unwilling to receive Your favor and Your wisdom.  God I need You.  I can't do it without You.  Only by Your grace do I even desire to seek You and receive from You.  Help me to encourage my brothers and sisters on the Way as they are examples of the empowered life.

No comments:

Post a Comment