Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Acts 18


3 Paul lived and worked with them, for they were tentmakers just as he was. 4 Each Sabbath found Paul at the synagogue, trying to convince the Jews and Greeks alike. 5 And after Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul spent all his time preaching the word.

Paul was able to and encouraged by his close companions to spent all of his time teaching and preaching and sharing the Word. Somehow their presence (whether by supply or assistance or just encouragement) freed him to do what God had assigned him to do. How am I supporting my close companions with their ministries? Am I an encouragement or a shiny (distraction)? Father, please help me to proactively support my friends in what their God-passions are. Help me to give freedom to them that they fulfill the design You have for their lives? And please surround me with similarly like-minded friends that have that focus and accountability, as well. Thank You so much for the precious friends I do have...grow us in the iron-sharpening-iron fashion to which You call us. Thank You also for using the Devoted study and the dear Devoted Bible students to accomplish  some of this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment