Friday, December 31, 2010

2 Corinthians 7


2 Corinthians 6:16c


As God has said:
   “I will live with them
   and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
   and they will be my people.”
 17 Therefore,
   “Come out from them
   and be separate,
            says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
   and I will receive you.”
 18 And,
   “I will be a Father to you,
   and you will be my sons and daughters,
            says the Lord Almighty.”

2 Corinthians 7

 1 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

We are promised that God will live with us and walk among us, He will be our God and will receive us if we become sacred to Him.  He will be our Father.  The Lord Almighty will be my dad.  And because we have these promises, we want to perfect holiness out of respect for the One Who gave us these promises, the One Who can keep the promises.  The God Who walks and lives and receives us.  The God, Sovereign of the Universe, Who calls us sons and daughters.  What a small response in view of what He does for us.  Creator, Savior, Maintainer, God, Personal God, Father...

Help me Father to perfect sacredness in answer to Your very great attentions toward me.  You are Majesty, Purity, Holiness...You are my Guide and my Reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment