Monday, December 20, 2010

2 Corinthians 5

Sincere heart versus spectacular ministry...

Both are hard work...both require great devotion, emotion...both change lives...
But the focus is possibly different as Paul references them as one or the other.  The Amplified Bible says that there are those who pride themselves on surface appearances [on the virtues they only appear to have], although their heart is devoid of them. So the difference simply stated is what is versus what appears to be...Who is honored...who is glorified...sincerity versus spectacle.  Sincere leads to me making less of myself while I make more of God.

I must choose whom I want on the center stage of my life, who will get the spotlight, the accolades, the applause.  Who has top billing?  Am I a jealous understudy?  Am I truly content and confident to be a key grip rather than the star of the show...After all, it's not my show, my theater, nor my publicity that matters.  Will I graciously feature Another rather than trying to steal the scenes of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment