Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2 Thessalonians 3

v. 2 ... for not everybody has faith and is held by it.
       ... I'm finding that not all "believers" are believers.
Oh, to be held by faith in all things and all ways.    To be a believer that truly believes God and believes in God.  One who is held by faith, naked of all things worldly and safe; but for that one, strong tie.  Unfettered to anything but the faith-anchor.
v. 5  May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
        May the Master take you by the hand and lead you along the path of God's love and Christ's endurance.
        May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
        May the Lord direct your hearts into [realizing and showing] the love of God and into the steadfastness and patience of Christ and [g]in waiting for His return.
        and the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God, and to the endurance of the Christ.

My heart needs to be led into a full understanding and expression of God's love...it is not a path I can take alone, nor is it within me to accomplish by myself.  The Lord must lead my heart to His Love.  And, Christ as the Servant God-Man is  my example of perseverance and steadfastness. He triumphed in patience and the Lord must direct my heart and take me by my hand in order to gain that full expression of His endurance.  I think I must be led to God's love and Christ's steadfastness because I would not be able to to choose those directions on my own.  Odd that I will willingly receive His love and the fruit of His enduring; but I do not easily care to redistribute the wealth of their attentions to me.    I note that this is preceding an exhortation on slackers & disruptors and how to deal with them.  To be led in God's love and Christ's perseverance as we interact with and set appropriate boundaries others folks is the standard method of operating.   Father help me to be willingly led to your Love and Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment