Holiness and love are our job descriptions in this life. To live in holiness and love and to do so even more and more abundantly [attaining yet greater perfection in living this life] and to excel [in this matter of extending and displaying your love] more and more. He has called us to holiness and taught us love.
- I guess my challenge is how am I responding to His call to holiness...do I listen for His Word ready to obey and prepared to move or do I lessen His Word with compromise, laxness and overuse of grace?
- Where am I specifically setting myself apart in this world?
- Am I zealous to be holy ... trying to get as far from unholiness as I can and bear myself becomingly and be correct and honorable and command the respect of the outside world? (Job 27:4 ...my lips will not say anything wicked,and my tongue will not utter lies. Job 31 talks about making a covenant with ones eyes...James 1:27 ... to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.)
- Do I seek to be better today than I was yesterday in regard to holiness and loving? Am I submitting to the Holy Spirit and God's Word in order to grow in these ways?
- Can anyone tell I am more holy or more loving than I was a year ago?
- Am I freer today than I was last week?
- These two qualities are hugely emphasized by Paul and completely lived out by Jesus, am I tending to them with the same energy?
- If my screen time (tv and movie), conversations, reading, browsing (Internet) and people watching were judged against a holiness indicator (say, ... Jesus) and a love measuring stick (again, Jesus), how well would I score on that standard (The Standard)?
- What changes will I make this week to grow in holiness and love?