Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1 Corinthians 10

31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Don’t give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God. 33 I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.

In doing "it all for the glory of God", Paul does what is best for himself.  He also does what is best for the others that salvation may result...so that seems to still be in accord with doing it all for God's honor and glory.  When his focus is on bringing honor and glory to God, he is served and others are as well.  Not mutually disagreeable or incompatible scenarios; but magnify God = his best=others best=salvation to many=glorifying God= Paul's best= .....

How am I cooperating with the Holy Spirit to better tune me to His signal for that spiritually-symbiotic spiral of success?
Do I really consider that bringing glory, honor and praise to God is in everyone's best interest?
As the admonishing examples of the olden days of Moses are listed, they describe physical activities which impact or manifest the spiritual settings of the people.  How am I careful to not crave evil things or substitutes for God's provision and Presence?  Grumbling, complaining, idolatry (anything which usurps the God-setting of my life in time, emotion, consideration, investment), pagan revelry (uh, oh....Christmas season....Frosty and Christmas lights, decorations and parties, endless lists of must-do's and want-to-do's, shopping, preparations, etc. ) are some of the warnings he gives. 
  Father, help me glorify You today.  Holy Spirit make Your priorities mine and empower me in thought, word and deed to accomplish that which You have for me to do...to the glory of my God.  Jesus, You squeezed into skin that I might be liberated in spirit...let me appropriately live all for the glory of God, without offense and for the saving of many, many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment