Thursday, September 29, 2011

When God's Spirit Moves; Day Five: 1 Samuel 10, 11, 16, 19, 2 Samuel 23

Saul had an indisputable anointing then three signs followed by a rushing of the Spirit of God upon him, prophesying and a strong display of "whatever his hand finds to do."  Almost like he had to be convinced of the veracity of Samuel's words ... perhaps he was timid about this or because he only had a week to think about the  purpose God had for him.  Five short chapters later, David receives an anointing for the same job and the Spirit rushes on him.  David had over forty years to wait before he walked in the accomplishment of this anointing.  The Lord's anointing, signs, prophesy and timing belong to Him; these come - but only from Him.  Holy Spirit, help me to walk fully in the anointing You have on my life - whether it be in faith or in fulfillment - may I respond fully anointed and appointed to the praise of the King.

 The oracle of David, the son of Jesse,
   the oracle of the man who was raised on high,
 the anointed of the God of Jacob,
   the sweet psalmist of Israel:
The Spirit of the LORD speaks by me;
   his word is on my tongue.

Holy Spirit, I want to always acknowledge what God has done in my life, I want to see His hand and not my manipulations, His purpose unfolded and not deception that I caused any of it.  I desire to live the anointed life.  David was a loyal man, a fierce warrior and king who described himself as none of these; but as a sweet psalmist.  Holy Spirit, teach me words that I may be a psalmist - a sweet psalmist to the Most High God, that I may praise the Godhead in my days and nights.  I pray that Your Word would ever be on my tongue and I would be faithful with Your trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment