Thursday, September 22, 2011

Leviticus 18

If you obey my decrees and my regulations, you will find life through them. I am the Lord.

The point of all of the upcoming "no's" and "don't do's" is to find life, not denial.  Thank You, Holy Father, that You care enough to set the boundaries - even ones You know will be violated by Your own people and recorded in the pages of Your holy book. God help us, please.  Let me embrace Your boundaries that I may live the life You have provided for me.  May this be true for Your children today.  God, give us a consuming passion for Your holiness, let us vomit out of our lives what is unholy and impure and detestable.  Holy Spirit, we need You to do this for us.  Spiritual Ipecac for the unclean things in our spirits and minds.  For You are the LORD.


God, You repeated Yourself so many times in this passage.  I know it's because we will want to do participate in that which You forbid - even though Your words are life.  Help us get it.  Help us believe You.  Help us to work out our faith, our salvation in fear and trembling.  Help us to get it the first time.  The first time You say it.  Help us use our rebellious natures to fight against the sin and not You.  Help us teach that to our children, too.  God - holiness, purity, faithfulness and fierce rebellion against all that You curse ... let me live that way, for You are the Lord, my Lord.  I praise Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment