Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leviticus 11

This is the law ... to make a distinction between the unclean and the clean ... He teaches the difference - because they did not know.  His people had been made distinct and they are responsible to live distinctively.

The unclean things are detestable to our Holy God's children ...  Unclean is not a "no thank you;" but an absolute aberration.  We are not tolerate the unclean, it is detestable, abhorrent, egregious - so, why the mild response to the unholy?

For I am the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy.   Distinctive, separate, holy  ... that's my responsibility, my appropriate response, my M.O. and my only acceptable offering of myself. 


Most High God, please continue to teach me distinctiveness, holiness, faithfulness to Your call.  May I resonate holiness in my life.  And help me to detest the unclean, the unholy, the unconsecrated things which the enemy of my soul seeks to have power over Your handmaiden.  Give me wisdom and strength to follow You in holiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment