Friday, September 23, 2011

Leviticus 19

Lord, I praise You because You never say, “Because I said so.” Rather You give instruction and we are to obey because You are the Lord our God. You could have said “because I said so;” yet in Your infinite wisdom, Your relationship with us is the foundation of Your commands to us. How could we not want to obey? Not just any god, not just the God; but the Lord ‘my’ God. My very own. I praise You and I receive Your words. 

… You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the LORD your God.

Amazing how You provide for Your people, for the poor and the alien. Blessed, indeed are the poor in spirit. And some of Your favorite people were sojourners – Abe, (Gen. 23), Moses (Ex. 18), David (Ps. 39), us (1 Pet.). Jesus even sojourned with humanity, for a while. Thank You for the provision, the acknowledgment, the protection, the exhortation, the favor. Only You, because You are YOU and You are mine. I praise You.

1 comment:

  1. "but the Lord ‘my’ God. My very own"
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh the blessedness of the living God of this universe awesome in power and splendor our very own personal friend that will never leave us nor forsake us!
    Please check out my blog
    Richard Hobart

    ReplyDelete