Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When God's Spirit Moves; Day Three: Numbers 24:1-9, 27:12-23

Numbers 24:  ... the Spirit of God came upon him.  He took up his discourse and said, "... the oracle of the man whose eye is opened; ... hears the words of God, ... who sees the vision of the Almighty, ... Falling down, yet having his eyes uncovered, ... " 

Holy Spirit, please open/uncover my eyes and fix my focus on You that I may see the vision of the Almighty; give me ears, tune my hearing  and grant me supernatural hearing that I may hear the words of God.  Oh Lord, teach me to fall down that I may serve You well in this day, each day.  May I fall on You.

Numbers 27:  The Word does not tell us what God had been speaking to Joshua during the wilderness times; but from the few verses which include Joshua, he appears to be pursuing the LORD God Almighty and serving the man whom God had chosen.  Joshua, in quiet service and ardent worship, had been where he needed to be in order to ready to fulfill what God had for him when the time was ripe.  Lord, please  help me to worship passionately and serve faithfully that I may fulfill what You have for me each day.  Thank You for this reminder that service to Your people is service to You.

And his king shall be higher than Agag, - I wonder if King Saul knew these words. I wonder if they impacted his decisions. If he didn't, I wonder if they were brought to his attention later.  Or what difference they would have made to him.   Lord, help me to not miss Your words.  Holy Spirit, please do that which You are promised to do - bring to my remembrance the Truth, teach me Your perfect wisdom and help me to be diligent in the holy words - the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment