Monday, August 1, 2011

Exodus 6

These were the names of the sons of Levi according to their records: Gershon, Kohath and Merari. Levi lived 137 years. ...  The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. Kohath lived 133 years. ... These were the clans of Levi according to their records.  Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived 137 years.

Levi to Kohath to Amram to Moses, four generations.  Just like He said.

God's records are so complete and specific.  Thank You Father for Your amazing attention to all of the details.  Thank You for pointing this out, that even in the midst of slavery and extremely harsh circumstance, records were being kept; because every generation matters.   People in every generation matter.  People matter.  May I pay the right kind of attention to the right kind of details, to the praise of Your Name.

Now, what's up with Hebron? The others have a family trail here in Exodus; but he doesn't until Numbers 26.  Lord, I praise You for Your mysterious ways.  I love how You keep my interest and make me wonder.  May I always be captivated by You, Your ways and Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment