Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Exodus 29

And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them up out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them. I am the LORD their God.

God called Abram out of Ur, God met with Abram and his descendents throughout the patriarchal times.  Now, after slavery, the LORD God desires to dwell among His people.  He wants them to know that He is the I Am, the LORD their God.

Even now, He has arranged all things that He might dwell among us.  With us.  In us.  In me.  That I would know Him as the LORD my God.  

Oh Father, I cannot imagine what life was like back in this time.  I would have been scared to death to attempt to prepare a sacrifice.  I probably would have been grossed out, too.  So much death, so much blood, so much anointing had to happen before consecration and holiness could be pronounced.  Before Your servants were acceptable.  And can I praise You now for Your callings and service were for a lifetime.  You are not a part-time God.  Oh Lord, I praise You for Your sacrificial offering of Your life, Your death, Your blood, Your anointing.  I receive what You have done in renewed seriousness and sobriety, as I am reminded of the extreme cost and conditions You met to do so.  I thank You that my name was on Your heart and part of Your burden.  I do not deserve such favor.  May I walk in the fulness of  that royal priesthood to which You have called me.   May I be cognizant of the lifetime role I am to play.  May I serve You well.  And Your people.  To the praise of Your very great Name and the expansion of Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment