Friday, August 19, 2011

Exodus 24

Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin.” ... 24:2 And the Lord said to Moses,  "Moses alone shall come near to the LORD, but the others shall not come near, and the people shall not come up with him.”

The fear of God is to quench sin in me.  Lord, teach me to fear You better, to reverence You rightly and to operate from the awe of You.  But, let me not be so fearful that I am content to be relegated to not coming up to You.  Increase my heart for You, for Your Presence and for Your Name.  I praise You that You have given me constant access to You.  Let me live more mindfully of Your Presence in me and Your purposes in this time.

God invites me to draw near to Him.  

Am I consistently dedicated to bear the cost of devotion, 
                                                                                                 of obedience, 
                                                                                                         of coming up to Him?  

Whose face do I seek the most?  

Where do I find myself content to be - 
                               in the near,               on the fringe,               or from a distance?  

Am I close enough to be burned by the heat of His holiness?

Lord, help me to desire You as much as You created me to and as much as You paid for me to.  I know You did not save me for sporadic nor mediocre responses to You.  Let me live all out and all in for You.  Teach me those ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment