Thursday, August 25, 2011

Exodus 30

The LORD said to Moses, “When you take the census of the people of Israel, then each shall give a ransom for his life to the LORD ... You shall take the atonement money from the people of Israel and shall give it for the service of the tent of meeting, that it may bring the people of Israel to remembrance before the LORD, so as to make atonement for your lives.”

Each shall give a ransom for his life ... not like the previous giving which was freely and as each one delighted to do; but a "shall give" that they would be brought to remembrance before the LORD for atonement purposes.  Reminds me of the verse which says it is appointed unto man, once to die.  Not an option.  

But the point was not to enrich the golden sanctuary of the LORD God; but for the service for the benefit of HIS people.  The Lord God did not and does not need to be reminded of anything; but the obedience of His commands was instructive for His children.  

Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your gift of ransom, Your payment of atonement for me and Your intercession to the Father on my behalf.  I am so grateful that You teach and disciple Your children.  Thank You for Your lessons which are for my benefit; may I walk in Your ways and Your wisdom to the praise of Your Name.

  It is holy, and it shall be holy to you.

Lord, help me to treat the holy as holy.  Cultivate in me holiness and the pursuit of holiness.  Let me appreciate holiness according to Your design.  Let me bear Your holiness, share Your holiness and be known for Your holiness.  May I always remember the source of holiness is You and may I live in response to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment