Saturday, August 20, 2011

Exodus 25

The cherubim are to have wings spread out above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and are to face one another. The faces of the cherubim should be toward the mercy seat. Set the mercy seat on top of the ark and put the testimony that I will give you into the ark. I will meet with you there above the mercy seat, between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the testimony; I will speak with you from there …

This passage reminded me of the words from 1 Peter 1 … so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ … … in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look. 

The proof of a Christ-bearer’s ( E. Elliott) faith is more precious than the gold used for the Ark. Faith tested by fire, hammering, shaping, forming and designed to be portable yields praise, glory, honor for Jesus. Faith, so proved, never looks away from mercy.

The mercy seat is watched over by two cherubim, as the angels who long to look into salvation. Mercy seat is covering the law, the testimony; it is where the Lord God Almighty will meet with and speak to His child – in the setting place/sitting place of mercy. There is a protection and a privacy provided by the golden angels’ wings at that meeting place. In the context of mercy and faith, we meet the Lord according to His very great provision.

Lord God, I praise You for Your words of encouragement and illustration. I pray that my faith would shine like gold to the praise of Your Name. I pray for the angels who watch over Your people – please bless them and strengthen them, encourage them with great works in Your Kingdom. I thank You that Your mercy covers the commands. I am so grateful that it is by the mercy You have poured out and the faith You supply that You allow me to come to You. Please help me never to neglect meeting with You, to never overlook Your mercy and to never resist the work You have for my faith. May I praise You always.

No comments:

Post a Comment