Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Exodus 16

Father God, may I never settle in the desert or wilderness of Sin.  Keep me from being drawn there, also.  I know my tendency to end up there; keep me from it, my Lord.

Father, in the morning with the supernatural manna, You showed Your glory to Your children.   Lord, let me know You ... see Your glory ... be content to wait for and receive Your provision.  Show me where I complain about You.  I don't want to speak against You, ever.  Please help my words not be complaints but trusting praise.  Purify my motives.


Yahweh, fullness comes from You.  Enable me to know You are Yahweh my God.


they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. 

Lord, is this what is spiritually in play when I try to live off yesterday's provision?  Please let me come early, each and every day to receive Your supply for me.  To the praise of Your great and all-wise Name.

Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away.

What if I only have a certain window to receive from God what He has for me for today?  Grant me diligence in the dailyness and a hunger for Your sustaining - spiritual and physical - that I may gather as much as I need, all that You offer me.

Lord God of the Sabbath, teach me to take the effort necessary to know, to understand, to comprehend the Sabbath is Your gift to us.  A present to be received and implemented.  Let me walk in the wisdom of Your thoughtfulness and example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment