Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Exodus 8

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh as he goes to the river and say to him, ‘This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.

Eighty years earlier, a princess went down to the river and encountered the babe to be named Moses.  Four hundred years of slavery, 80 years of one man's life and it seems that it was about people being set free and worshiping their God.  His ways are not my ways, His timing is not my timing; but He is always right in all He does.  Lord, please grant me vision and patience for Your good works.  May I be useful to You in Your plans - liberty and worship.

Father, I don't understand why the magicians tried to duplicate Your miracles.  It seems to me that the more useful thing would be to try to undo them, that they might look better to Pharaoh.  I know that You allowed them some amount of success in replicating what You had done through Your men; but why on earth would they want to add more bugs to a plague?  Is it because the world does not have holy sight; they can only try to be like what they witness You to do?  Lord, help me to never fall for the sloppy seconds that come from man.  Holy Spirit, please help me to not be deceived by the smoke and mirrors of this dark world.  Renew my appetite for You, Lord Jesus; for Your work, for Your heart, for Your plan.  And may I bring You glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment