Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Exodus 12

 Now the LORD said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, "This month shall be the beginning of months for you ... "

When God steps in, even time is changed, redefined.  His mercies are new every morning.

‘Now this day will be a memorial to you, and you shall celebrate it as a feast to the LORD; throughout your generations you are to celebrate it as a permanent ordinance. ...'   

In the midst of declaring the climax of the plagues, the pending deaths of Egypt's firstborn, God sets up a celebration for all generations of His people.  

Lord, help me to remember to celebrate You even in the hardest and most confusing of times.  Let me never forget how You have dealt with me and the grace You have bestowed on me and my family.  What steadfast love You pour out on Your children.  Teach me to celebrate God-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment