Saturday, August 27, 2011

Exodus 32

The Israelites were operating from what they saw or didn't see, from the status of their circumstances.   The little choices, the little doubts, the conversations  in the shadow of the fiery mountain and the memories of His hand's work grew into a calf and an altar - pagan revelry.  I wonder if you had asked the children of Israel when Mo left if they would participate in that type of behavior what they would have said. I know I never intend to or plan to veer off the course God has for me.  But what do I listen to?  What do I say to myself?

Faith is not by sight.  Hope is confidence and patience in God that He will do what He said He will do.  Not in man. Not even me.  My words should only agree with the LORD's.  They should have not weight or influence against what the Lord God Almighty has spoken to me.  I must choose the good confession, even when I want to toss my gold at a local authority figure.

Lord, please help me to walk by faith in You, let my confidence and patience reside in You that I may not engage in pagan revelry or even the smaller thoughts, doubts, conversations that precede such choices.  Let me not give any other authority power over Your Authority in my life.  Holy, holy, holy is the LORD.  Help me to live holy, too.  You alone are worthy of my worship.  I praise You for Your forgiveness and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment