Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Exodus 22

David, when confronted by Nathan, calls for the man suffering the loss of the precious lamb to be restored fourfold.  From this command in verse one, no doubt.  Oh Lord, that I would know and believe Your Word so well that even in emotional reaction mode Your words would come from me.


“You must not dishonor God or curse any of your rulers."

Father, I don't know why You put these two things together; but keep me from dishonoring You.  Help me to not complain, grumble or speak ill of my rulers.  I pray Father, that they would not dishonor You, either.  May I be a loyal servant of the most Noble King and a faithful steward and emissary of Your Name.

Thank You for giving me Your Firstborn Son.  I thank You for entrusting me with those You have given me to raise.  They are Yours and I know that full well.  May I humbly and graciously steward them to the praise of Your very great Name.
 
You must be my holy people - Yes, I must.  Grow me up in Your holiness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment