Monday, August 29, 2011

Exodus 34

All that open the womb are mine ... All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.  

Jesus was redeemed by Mary and Joseph (Luke 3:22b-23 ...they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every male who first opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord"), and then God through His firstborn Son redeemed all of humanity - all of the firstborn, secondborn and so on.  The Messiah was the original plan, the temple redemptions were the pictures of what was to come and yet, what had already been established.

Thank You Father for Your utter previousness in creation.  I praise You for Your plan is not thwarted by mere mortals or fallen angels.  You are omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent.  Nothing jumps on Your radar without Your prior  approval and plan.  I am encouraged in my day of being surprised and in my day of plans that You have all things worked out and I can walk with You in confidence through whatever may come.  Your grace and presence go with me; but You have been here already and You are in the tomorrow, too.   

Oh Lord, may Your people reflect Your radiance as Moses did.  May our countenances shine in response to time with You.  I pray that we would be discernible by Your holy shiney-ness in and on us. 

Exodus 34:10  The Lord replied, “Listen, I am making a covenant with you in the presence of all your people. I will perform miracles that have never been performed anywhere in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people around you will see the power of the Lord—the awesome power I will display for you. 

Favorite verse (hey, He's infinite, so I feel some liberty with not choosing just one).  This verse was the one the Lord brought me in the time of our enduring 'season of God's faithful love and the curious displays of man.'

No comments:

Post a Comment