Monday, July 18, 2011

Genesis 41

Before the year of famine came, two sons were born to Joseph ... The name of the second he called Ephraim, "For God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction."

Joseph was sold when he was 17, he was 30 when he began his service to Pharaoh and the people of Egypt.  Thirteen years of slavery and conviction life.  Thirteen years of integrity and faithfulness in the face of extremely unfair circumstances.  It appears that Joseph's appetite for the God of his fathers has only increased.  He sought to be fruitful in his afflictions.  

Lord, I want to walk that closely with You that I am fruitful in the land and times of affliction and blessing.  I want to always realize that it is You who makes me fruitful, who strengthens me, who gives me purpose - even when circumstances are not fair or reasonable.  Grow me up in You that I may seek You harder and more devotedly the older I become.  Help me to be pleased to yield to You, despite the cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment