Thursday, July 14, 2011

Genesis 38

Judah recognized them and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn’t give her to my son Shelah.” And he did not sleep with her again.

Judah had not been honest nor honorable in his dealings with Tamar.  When he was caught, he owned his unrighteousness.  He hadn't been right; but he didn't lie nor try to cover up his indiscretions.  Reminds me of Psalm 16's famous line, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Lord, I need a transparent heart before You. I don't want to be a secret keeper, it's too hard and time-consuming.  I can't afford to coddle pride and arrogance in my relationship with You; but I am so prone to try to make myself look better.  Help me to receive and submit to Your instruction, an honest rebuke, a fair correction and the internship of righteousness You have arranged for me. Help me to own what I do and respond rightly to You and others.  Please stop me from  participating in the spiritual, cultural or physical opportunities which are not pleasing to You.  Please help me to be a safe-person for anyone needing to share their secrets.  God, heal Your people.




No comments:

Post a Comment