Monday, July 11, 2011

Genesis 35

So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, "Put away the foreign gods that are among you and purify yourselves and change your garments.  Then let us arise and go up to Bethel, so that I may make there an altar to the God who answers me in the day of my distress and has been with me wherever I have gone."

Today, I am Bethel - where God dwells through the Holy Spirit.  

What do I need to let go of, bury deep in the ground, leave behind?    

How can I better pursue godliness?  Purity?   

What changes do I need to make in order to go up and worship the Lord God in increasing holiness?  

Lord, You are the God who answers me, please grant me wisdom in these matters, today.  Teach my heart, my hands and my tongue to build altars to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment