Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Job 40

... Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm:
“Brace yourself like a man;
   I will question you,
   and you shall answer me.
Would you discredit my justice?
   Would you condemn me to justify yourself? ..."


How often have I thrown God under the bus to justify my words, actions, responses?  How would I dare dream of such a response - and be able to carry it out?


Lord God, I am so sorry for behaving in ways which are not honoring to You but which still reflect on You.  I realize that I am the example You give to others of Yourself.  Help me to steward that trust with integrity and faithfulness.  Grant me such a passion for Your Name, Your justice, Your honor that I would launch myself into the path of the proverbial bus rather than disregard You in any way.  Lord, may I have Your discernment to restrain me from even participating in conversations or dialogues which would not ascribe glory and majesty to You.  Keep me from a common tongue; bless me with grace-speak from a graced heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment