Friday, June 10, 2011

Job 35

Then Elihu said: 
"... So Job opens his mouth with empty talk;
   without knowledge he multiplies words.”

The reoccurring theme in Job is ironically stated in Elihu's words.  Elihu, however is the one with empty talk and a multitude of words void of true knowledge of the event.  
How much of my talk is without meaning or substance?

How much of my conversation is excessive?

How concerned am I with blessing the Lord my God when I open my mouth?

How often do I choose to keep my mouth shut?

God, please help me not to multiply my words without knowledge; please let my utterances be meaningful, truthful and not lacking in content or context.  Let me bless You and Your Name when I do open my mouth; let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment