Friday, June 3, 2011

Job 28

But where can wisdom be found?
And where is the place of understanding?
Man does not know its value,
Nor is it found in the land of the living....

God understands its way,
And He knows its place.  ...
He saw it and declared it;
He established it and also searched it out.
And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom;
And to depart from evil is understanding
.’

Neither man, woman nor child comprehend wisdom's ordering, arranging and worth.

Wisdom and understanding are not from the places where life, appetites and concern for promoting one's life are. 

Only God has the way of understanding.  

God saw:  regarded, gave attention to, inspected ...
He declared: recounted related,  took accurate account of, measured ...
He established:  determined, prepared, furnished ...
and searched:  examined, investigated, sounded, tasted, explored.

God graciously speaks to man telling us to "Behold" that which He has already thoroughly set up and put in place.  He has done all of the establishing and then He invites us to behold the thing which, without His instruction, escapes us completely:  

    Fear, recognize God's awesomeness and complete power, honor, reverence, be
                 focused on and enthralled by the Lord = wisdom
    
    Exit from or die to evil = understanding

Lord, You are such a loving Father and Lord, thank You for providing the way of wisdom and understanding to me.  I am not wise apart from Your gift, I do not understand or piece things together if You do not show me the instructions.  Thank You for Your presence and for Your specific command to fear You and depart from evil.  Increase my capacity to revere, focus and fear You.  Let me tremble when I read Your Word.  Impact me in the way which glorifies Your Name - in the small and the large, the physical and the spiritual, the emotion and the intellectual.  

Lord God, I pray that I would die to evil, wickedness and any unclean thing.  Lord, dry up my appetite for that which does not bring You glory.  Let me embrace a fast from evil, coarse talking, gossip, vanity, selfish ambition, unholy imaginings, wasteful things, stupid stuff and whatever else You know I need to lay down.  I need You.  I can't do this apart from You, as I feel I am a little ball in a big pinball game with unholy bumpers and filthy paddles.  Everywhere I roll, sin abounds.  I don't desire to walk in its way; but I keep running into it.  Help me to receive Your empowerment and encouragement to follow You in that fashion You created me to...especially in this dark and dirty world. To the glory of your great Name, may I help others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment