Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Job 33

I speak with all sincerity;
      I speak the truth.
For the Spirit of God has made me,
      and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

These words by Elihu are noble; but perhaps the sentences should be reversed for best application.  

I know the Spirit of God has made me and His breath grants me life...therefore, I speak sincerely (and gratefully) His truth.  Remember from whence I came and Whose I am before I speak in order that truth may issue forth to the glory of God, my Father, Christ my Redeemer and the Holy Spirit my Breath.

Thank You Spirit of God for my life and my breath.  Only You can animate me, fill me with right words and control my mouth that I would declare truth sincerely and gratefully and lovingly.  May I bring You praise ( and not me! ) with my tongue, may I give You glory with my mouth and may I love You better in my heart, mind  and life (including my speech) as You teach me more of You.  Make me a vessel yielded to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment