Saturday, June 18, 2011

Genesis 12

The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. ..."  So Abram went, as the LORD had told him;...and they (Abram, his wife, his nephew Lot, their servants and all their belongings) set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there. 

The Lord directs and He accomplishes.   The Lord said "go," Abram went and arrived there.

Oh Lord, may I always go when You say "go" and continue until I arrive.  I realize that I cannot get where I am supposed to be unless I leave my comfort and my familiar.  I cannot arrive without the goodbye first.  But Lord, I do want to arrive.  I want to be where You have made me to be.  I want to do it in Your time.  I want to do it to the praise of Your Name.  I want You to be glorified in my goodbye, my going and my arriving.  Only You can accomplish this.  Do it, Lord. 

After the silence of God in Job's many chapters, I am refreshed to see how the Lord speaks repeatedly to Abram.  I am challenged by Abram's seeming immediate obedience and his building altars to the Lord in response to God's words and provision.   

How can I better obey my Lord God, more immediately, more specifically, more faithfully?

How careful am I to commemorate the Lord's inclining Himself to me? 

How well do I remember His words, His promises?  

How tangibly do I honor God in my life?
 
Lord, please teach me the art of altar building.  Help me improve my obedience to You.  May I never stop calling on Your Name.  Thank You for revealing Yourself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment