Sunday, June 12, 2011

Job 37

At this also my heart trembles
   and leaps out of its place.
Keep listening to the thunder of his voice
   and the rumbling that comes from his mouth.
Under the whole heaven he lets it go, ...

Job's friend says his heart is trembling at the work of God; but he keeps talking.  He doesn't stop and honor the interruption, the glorious, divine interruption.  He just keeps pouring out and spreading his words around.

Lord God, Your are worthy of all honor and glory and praise.  If You choose to break in on a conversation (and please, You are welcome in any conversation I have, any time or place), I know You are always an interruption I need.  Please, let me yield to You and Your great plan when You divinely pause my role in life.  Oh, that I would be so responsive to You and Your activity that my heart would tremble when I recognize Your work.  Father, thank You for considering me in Your plans.  Your grace is perfect, Your plans are absolutely right, Your ways are wonderful and I praise You.  

Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.  Proverbs 28.14

No comments:

Post a Comment