Friday, June 24, 2011

Genesis18

For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.
 

The LORD promises and makes good on His promises.  I have a part in keeping the way of the LORD and doing righteousness and justice so that the LORD may bring what He has promised. 

LORD God, please help me to respond in faith and abidance to You and Your words to me.  Let me not taint the instruments of provision with unbelief, idolatry and self-will.  I desire the fullness of Your plans for my children, my household and me.  Holy Spirit, keep me from trying to add to or manipulate the Father's plan to accomplish His purposes.  He is able and faithful to effect His plans.  Lord Jesus, please help me to be faithful in all manner of obedience, motive and detail; even as You were, that the LORD may bring what He has promised.


And the LORD went his way, when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.

LORD God, I thank You and praise You for Your precious Holy Spirit's presence.  Holy Spirit, thank You for putting up with me and my folly.  I thank You that You have filled "my place" with Yourself; but let me never presume that Your ways are mine.  No matter how much You love me and incline Yourself to me, LORD, please let me remember that I am the created, the creature.  You are the Creator and Bringer of Life.  Humility, Father, I cry out for humility and that which is pleasing and glorifying to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment