Monday, October 31, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 37: John 14

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.  Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

The caveat is that what I ask and can be assured will happen is predicated on the Son bringing glory to the Father through the answer.  If I considered this before I prayed for anything, I wonder how my prayers would be impacted.  But, truly, this should be my constant consideration - how can my life bring glory to the Father?  Holy Spirit, purify my heart and my motives that I may breathe for the glory of the Father.  Holy Spirit, prove Yourself in Your teaching and reminding me this of simply stated mandate, cultivate in me the submission of a careful, faithful and loving handmaiden.   Let me live to the glory of the great Name of my God.  And may my response be a witness to You.  Your Name, oh Lord, not mine; Your glory not mine; Your fame, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment