Thursday, October 13, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 19: Isaiah 32

The fearful heart will know and understand,
   and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear. ...
But the noble make noble plans,
   and by noble deeds they stand.

Lord God, this just seems to describe me in a now and a when-I-arrive scenario.  Holy Spirit, I know Your Spirit is not one of fear; but so often, I find myself a bit fearful.  I feel my speech is just gibberish and incoherent - not always; but when I have to communicate to someone I just feel like I blow it.  Oh, I desire to make noble plans and to be known for them - but You are my only connection to nobility.  I'm just a goofball.  But I know that's not Your purpose for me.  May my trust in You grow and my opportunities for trusting You be more obvious to me.  I don't want to be a passive Spirit-bearer; may I own all that You have for me, may I steward well Your nobility in my little life, may I unreservedly live, choose, think, react, love, plan, be for You.  May my small things diminish that I may make You greater in my life.  Please, be free to reign in righteousness through my whole life, soul and spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment