Monday, October 17, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 23: Isaiah 44

Do not be startled or afraid.
Have I not told you and declared it long ago?
    You are my witnesses!...

Thank You Lord, for still choosing to have witnesses, Your witnesses.  Thank You for Your promises that we will never be put to shame and that we will boldly proclaim You.   May we grow in faithfulness and grace to testify of You and Your great Name.

All who make idols are nothing,
    and what they treasure does not profit.
    Their witnesses do not see or know [anything],
    so they will be put to shame. ...
    Look, all its worshipers will be put to shame,
    and the craftsmen are humans.
    They all will assemble and stand;
    they all will be startled and put to shame. ...
He feeds on ashes.
    [His] deceived mind has led him astray,
    and he cannot deliver himself,
    or say, “Isn’t there a lie in my right hand?”

Lord, grant me a heart for the ashamed, the startled, the unseeing, the ignorant, the deceived, those in need of rescue and those who perpetuate lies.  Father, give me a plan to work in Your loving purpose to those same people.  Jesus, please let me follow Your example of service and grace to bring many to You.  Holy Spirit, please help me to operate from Your supernatural tenacity, strength and empowering to accomplish that which is mine to do.  May I honor my God in my days and serve nobly in His Kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment