Tuesday, October 4, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 10: 2 Chronicles 20

O our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless ... We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.

Lord, this is true everyday of my life.  I am impotent to stop the advance of the enemy.  I am clueless and helpless.  I need You.

The leader prayed and the Spirit of the Lord came upon one of the men standing there.  Holy Spirit, You can use anyone, not just the noble, influential, kingly types.  You empowered a regular guy to speak Your words, to motivate a nation to worship the Most High King and to go into battle according to Your most curious plan.  May I be useful to You for Your words, may I be as responsive to Your words as those who heard the ordinary man speak for You and may I comply in spirit and detail with Your directions - regardless of what they are.  May liberty come as a result of obedience to me, to my family and my people.

Early the next morning the army of Judah went out ...   May I react to Your commands as promptly as this army did.  You spoke of "tomorrow" and they responded with "early the next morning."  May I have such a hearty appetite to embrace Your provision as they demonstrated- obedience at first light.

Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be able to stand firm.  Yes, Lord my God, I believe You and in You. Help me in my unbelief.  Holy Spirit, steady me, ready me and make me resolute.  May I stand as firm as You enable me to be.  To the praise of Your very great Name and to the spread of Your fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment