Sunday, October 9, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 15: Psalm 139

O LORD, You ... are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

And You still love me.  You know that intimacy freaks me out and You know that from the inside of me out.  Please help me to relax in that closeness.  Even admitting this is difficult, uncomfortable, scary.  Yet, I trust You and know that my trust is safe in Your hands.

Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

Let my soul praise You all the more for Your wondrous and glorious acts. 

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them! 

O God, grant me increased understanding that my estimation may increase and my worship of You.  I am in awe of Your words and Your works.  Thank You for revealing what You have to me.  May I always hunger for more, may I always delight in You, may I faithfully and joyfully ascribe honor and glory and majesty to You.

And lead me in the everlasting way.  This is to You.  Yes, Lord, amen and amen and amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment