Saturday, October 15, 2011

When God's Spirit Moves - Day 21: Isaiah 40

“Comfort, comfort my people,”
      says your God. ...
Listen! It’s the voice of someone shouting,
   “Clear the way through the wilderness
      for the Lord!
   Make a straight highway through the wasteland
      for our God!
Fill in the valleys,
      and level the mountains and hills.
   Straighten the curves,
      and smooth out the rough places.
 Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
      and all people will see it together.
      The Lord has spoken!”

Lord God, You say to comfort Your people.  Please help me to offer comfort to Your chosen people.  Help me, in ways which honor Your purpose, love and grace, to bring solace and consolation to those who are called by Your Name.  May I faithfully steward this responsibility in my time.

Also, Lord, it is a great and awe-inspiring task to make the way for You; but I want to be a part of the task-force.  Hearten us for the work, the spiritual  encounters and the cooperation necessary.  We want to see Your glory in our day; we welcome Your revelation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment