Monday, October 3, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 9: 2 Chronicles 15

Now the Spirit of God came on Azariah ... Now when Asa heard these words and the prophecy which Azariah the son of Oded the prophet spoke, he took courage  and removed ..., restored..., gathered..., sacrificed..., made covenant..., rejoiced ... , sought the LORD  ... and He (the LORD) let them (the king and the people) find Him... So the LORD gave them rest on every side (they received rest).

Azariah received God's Spirit, he received God's words and prophecy, he spoke them plainly to Asa - the intended audience - who received them and responded appropriately.  What Azariah said was not new, nor even surprising.  The last sentence, "But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work”,  wasn't even terribly prophetic; but because these words were spoken as a result of the Holy Spirit's work, there were results.  God-crafted, God-inspired, God-fueled, God-praising, God-only results.  And God-peace.  What the Holy Spirit sponsors, He delivers on, God-tastically.

God Most High, I desire to take courage and obey - thoroughly and willingly - that You may accomplish in and through me that which You are pleased to do.  Holy Spirit, may I be known for loving obedience to You which has the fruit of idol-removal, restoration,  gathering, sacrificing and fasting, covenant-participation, rejoicing, seeking You, finding You, and peace.

... Asa’s heart was blameless all his days ...

This man responded compliantly to the direction of the Spirit and his heart was declared to be blameless all his days.  Lord, I desire that to be true of me.  Help me, teach me, strengthen me to respond compliantly and honorably to Your words that i may have a blameless and pure-motived heart all my days.  If You don't do this in me, it won't happen.  I know blamelessness comes only from You.  Increase my desire, my yieldedness and my capacity for Your holiness.  Lord, make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment