Friday, October 7, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 13: Psalm 51

Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

You have purified and cleansed me. I praise You for Your sacrifice and redemptive work on my behalf.  May I live worthy of Your payment and in response to Your provision of a wholly pure, clean, washed and flawless life through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Surely You desire integrity in the inner self,
    and You teach me wisdom deep within.

Lord God, only You can put integrity in my inner self, from You alone comes wisdom deep within a person.  Holy Spirit, I am hopeless and helpless to be wise and to have integrity without You.  I need You to do that which You desire - to have me be a person of integrity from within, to have discernment and knowledge from inside.  Nothing from the outside will accomplish this, I can't even fake the wisdom part, I can't long imitate the integrity. Please, fulfill Your holy desire in me - for Your sake and for mine.

God, create a clean heart for me
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Only You can clean a heart, only You can make a spirit steadfast.  Thank You for Your gracious cleansing; help me to choose Your steadfast and faithful way from my spirit first, through the soulish things and may they manifest in my physical and spiritual realms to Your great Name's glory.
 
Do not banish me from Your presence
    or take Your Holy Spirit from me. 

I thank You that banishment is not an option; but help me to  treasure Your presence, Your holiness, You - as I was created to.  Let me not take You for granted or presume upon Your grace.

Restore the joy of Your salvation to me,
    and give me a willing spirit.

Only You can grant me a compliant and enthusiastic spirit; please stir me to fervent passion for You and Your plans.  I don't even know how to imagine this.  And may I always  be joyful in view of Your gift of salvation.  May I not digress, distract or dispirit from a spirit-deep euphoria in response to You and Your blessed bestowal of ransom.

No comments:

Post a Comment