Sunday, October 30, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 36: Malachi 2

Listen to me and make up your minds to honor my name,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, ...

Hear the Lord, decide to honor His Name.  Both are within my power to do.  Lord, help me to choose to intently listen to You and keep me resolved to glorify and celebrate You and Your Name(s).  You alone are Worthy!

I will curse even the blessings you receive.

Lord, if You have blessings for me that I will cause to be cursed by You; please keep them from me and keep me close to You.  I prefer You to Your blessings - even when I whine and squirm.

“To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

Overwhelmed with cruelty.  Wow, Lord, I cry anew for marriages in this day.  You are our Bridegroom and You have never been unfaithful to Your Bride.  Lord, impart Your faithfulness to Your children that divorce would become obsolete and marriage would be what You created it to be.  Shatter the deceptions and bonds the enemy has on Your people regarding marriage.  Renew the desire to be united in holy matrimony in Your people, prove Your hatred of divorce by kindling, healing, reconciling, tendering Your people's love and regard for one another in the bonds of marriage.  Glorify Yourself in our lives, hearts and vows.

You have wearied the Lord with your words.
"How have we wearied him?” you ask -
~   You have wearied him by saying that all who do evil are good in the Lord’s sight
~   You have wearied him by saying that he is pleased with the the evil-doers
~   You have wearied him by asking, “Where is the God of justice?”

I praise You that You are not wearied by my talking too much.  I thank You that You do not grow tired of hearing from me, that You will never screen prayers from me because I am always talking to You.  Yet, Holy Spirit, give me words to say that honor the Name of the Lord of Hosts.  Keep me from confusing evil with good, from endorsing behavior which is wrong and from asking where You are.  When I do have questions, please provoke again my desire to seek You first, Your Kingdom and Your Name.  Then, if questions remain, may I bring them to Your throne and receive what You are pleased to give me.   I praise You again that I do not wear You out.  You are good, God.  Thank You for Your kindness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment