Tuesday, November 1, 2011

When God’s Spirit Moves – Day 38: John 15

When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me ... 


The Helper, the Advocate, the One who comes alongside...
From New Testament Greek Lexicon: 

~  one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate      
~  summoned, called to one's side, esp. called to one's aid,
~  one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor,
~  in the widest sense, a helper, succourer, aider, assistant.
 
 Holy Pleader.  Holy Intercessor.  Holy Succourer.  Sent to me from the Father.  Holy Spirit, please help me to respond to You in light of Your unique qualities.  I need You to plead my cause - as I deserve to be thrown out of court.  I need You to represent me to the Father, as my representation of myself lacks integrity and perfection.  I need You to bring me relief, help, to run to my rescue, to allow me to rest in You.  I need to know You in these ways, today.  Thank You for revealing Yourself to me in a greater way.  You are faithful to teach me all things.  May I thrive on Your Vine, Jesus and bear much, juicy fruit - to the praise of Your very great Name and the spread of Your fame.  

1 comment: