Thursday, March 1, 2012

Judges 17

And Micah ordained the Levite, and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah. Then Micah said, “Now I know that the LORD will prosper me, because I have a Levite as priest.”

Lord God, please help me to not ordain people and things in my life to be my way to You, keep me from giving a home to anything – anything which ignorantly or rebelliously – sets itself up (oh You forbid, that I would empower the poser) to be my religion, my “faith” … as I recognize the despicable spirit behind such acts. LORD God Almighty, please keep my expectations on You and Your words and not on anything I may do or not.

And as this passage screams at me: Micah ordained his own priest, who welcomed this man in his own house, who paid compensation according to his own contract, who expected You to prosper his own self because he had acquired his own Levite. Micah is the god, he defined the way to You and established his own religious protocols – ignoring Your well-established words. YIKES, my Lord, please keep me from this abominable insanity. You, Jesus, are the only way.. You set up and depose kings as You please, You planned the Cross, You executed the Cross, You triumphed at the Cross and You give this to me. I thank You. You have already prospered me. I praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment