Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ruth 2

There was a relative of Naomi’s husband … His name was Boaz. …Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, “Please let me go to the field, and glean heads of grain after him in whose sight I may find favor.” … So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?” And Boaz answered and said to her, “It has been fully reported to me, all that you have done … 


Ruth chose to not allow her circumstances to overwhelm her to the point of making stupid decisions. She carefully evaluated where to go and then sought blessing on her choice. Her lifestyle gave her a good reputation. Her looks may have earned her the first look from Boaz; but her wisdom and perseverance kept the attention. 

Father God, I praise You for Your divine wisdom in placing me where You have and at the time You have. I do not know much; but I do know that You promise me wisdom, so I ask for it, that I may make godly choices. Lord, I don’t want to be lazy and just go with what is convenient or the path of least resistance, I want to evaluate with Your smarts the choices You offer me and choose well. Help me to persevere and work hard at that which You give me to do in order that I may have a good reputation as a daughter of the Most High. Please help me to fully respond to the favor You pour out on me, in me and through me, that I may bring You glory and make You famous in the barley fields of my life and anywhere else You may delight to drop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment