Thursday, March 22, 2012

1 Samuel 13

Can I just say that I had no idea that Saul, when he was kinged, was old enough to have a son who could wield a sword and spear and command 1000 soldiers …This same man was hiding in the baggage. Wow. and Gideon gets the rap for being frightened.

Saul said, “… and I have not sought the favor of the Lord.’ So I forced myself, and offered the burnt offering.”

God, You are the priority, You are the only One with the answer to any question I will ever have. You are the only One who dispenses favor and grace. May I never forget to seek Your favor and mercy. May I walk in obedience, in Your power, by Your Spirit. Holy Spirit, please captivate me and keep me tender to Your attention that I may never have to force myself to sacrifice to You. Please help me to do the hard things; but please let my heart always be set on preferring You, sacrifice to You – that daily, living, sitting still before You that I may die to myself in order that You may live through me. I thank You, Jesus that You are both King and Priest for me. I am grateful for Your trust to follow You in Your majesty and faithful service. Thank You for paying the whole cost for me – and allowing me the privilege of being Yours on that altar of life’s sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment